Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Big Game Party at Hard Rock Cafe on the Strip

(Click the link above for more information)

"Pick your team, throw on your jersey and head on over to the Hard Rock Cafe on the Strip for a Big Game party unlike any other you've experienced."

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

When are Business Taxes Due in 2018?

Your business’s tax return deadline is based on its entity type, whether or not you plan on filing an extension, and if there are any weekend or federal holidays in the picture.  Depending on your type of business those filing dates will vary this year.  The important thing to always remember is…DON’T be late!

The date for S Corps and partnerships is March 15, 2018.  This year the deadline for C Corps and individuals is April 17th.  Exempt organizations need to file by May 15th.  By filing for an extension those dates fall on September 17, October 15, and November 15th for the previously mentioned exempt organizations.

These dates, especially the ones without extensions are quickly arriving.  It is time to get serious about your return.  Michael Mathews CPA is your professional business tax preparer in Las Vegas.  Make an appointment at his 2620 Regatta Dr. Suite 102 office today by calling (702) 240-5237.  Believe me, you’ll be glad that you got ahead of the curve!

The Walking Gourmet. Eat. Drink. Walk. Repeat.

(Click the link above for more information)

"The Walking Gourmet™ is a food tasting exploration of the many eclectic tastes of Las Vegas."

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

When Will I get My W-2?

We don’t think about it until this time of year.  The W-2.  It is the record of our earnings for the previous year.  When does your employer have to put this document in your possession?  Remember, each and every company for whom you worked in 2017 must provide one to EVERY working person in your household.

Remember this, even if you do not receive your W-2 form before the tax filing season ends, you still must file your taxes or request a six-month extension by the tax-filing deadline.  If you’ve contacted both your employer as well as the IRS and you are NOT filing for an extension, fill out Form 4852, the substitute for the W-2.

Yes, ‘tis the season to prepare.  Maybe not our favorite time coming off the holidays, but absolutely necessary!  Michael Mathews Las Vegas CPA is ready when you have all of your paperwork together.  Make an early appointment at his Northwest office located at 2620 Regatta Dr. Suite 102 by calling (702) 240-5237.