Friday, December 14, 2018

The History of Las Vegas.

We look around this magnificent city and its sprawling metropolitan area with its glitz and glitter and sometimes residents of this great area forget that we are a community.  Las Vegas is a city with 650,000 residents and about 2 million people living in Clark County.  We are proud of what our city has become and continues to be.

Urbanization in our fair city actually began more than a century ago in 1902.  A railroad linking Los Angeles to Salt Lake City was completed and farmers as well as investors started flocking to the area.  No, your great-grandmother did not visit here for a long weekend as there were no slot machines (even though slots go back to 1895!).

I am proud to be a part of this growing metropolis.  My name is Michael Mathews.  I handle the accounting needs of Las Vegas and Henderson residents.  I found a breath-taking location in The Lakes in the Northwest part of the city.  Please visit my website at www.accountant-lasvegas.com.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from my family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment